Design Tips from Brian (Fangio) Smith
Brian (Fangio) Smith - Stylemeister Winner
2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008
The advanced steering system is found on most 'go-carts'.
A go-cart steering rod is very useful! It has flanges drilled to
accommodate bolts or tie rod ends.
- Good free running wheels (bearings if possible)
- If using inflatable tyres pump them up hard
- Narrow tyres reduce resistance (drag) friction (but they don't
look very cool!)
- Make sure the wheels are aligned properly (running in a
- For a more sophisticated braking & performance, scooter
wheels (front wheels) have a drum brake that can be operated with
either a cable or a rod.
- If using a fixed rear axle a bicycle disk brake could be used
Return to Design